Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My dog can fly

It has been to long so rather than try and catch up in one fail swoop, I'll just pretend I'm not behind. My dog Charlie is so fast around the house! He jumps from rug to rug like a little kid trying to avoid hot lava. I have been cleaning loft condos down on Spring St. Down town. They are pretty sweet. I have to pay 5 bucks a day to park there. We get that money back in our paychecks but I just feel so downtownish, it's great. Over the weekend I met two of my heroes.

First I met the guy from Metroscap, again, and told him about his link to me on his blog. We talked about some of his work, what he uses for editing and stuff like that. Really a nice guy, maybe next time I'll ask him if he could show me some tricks.

But before that, we went to the catacombs, which is an art gallery for emerging artists. Here's the cool thing about this gallery, a church does it. There is a new church in the short north called "Ekklesia Church" (yes that means church church, but I think there is a deeper meaning) I saw this church a few weeks ago while I was with district Nation at The Coffee Table. (see extended thoughts) and emailed the pastor to find out what they were about. For those of you that don't know The Short North is one of the most gay populated areas in the country. With the Short North and German Village, Columbus per capita has the 3rd largest gay community in the country! Who would have thought. The pastor emailed me back some really encouraging stuff. So we went down there and got to meet the pastor. We talked to him for about 20 min! It was great to see his heart and passion for the area and the people that call that area their home.

Seeing some one do what I want to do was so cool. To see that this is what it can look like and seeing the steps that I need to take to get there. Anyway, keep dreaming and researching your dreams!

No comments: