Monday, February 25, 2008

Brown Extension Cord

The other day I needed an extension cord to plug in my laptop. I found a brown one and began to lay the cords out to reach the outlet. Well it turned out I needed another one, I found a longer yellow one and was about to make the connection between the three and then my original cord didn't work in the brown cord that I had found. But it did work in the yellow one. I wouldn't have found the yellow cord that worked without first finding the brown one. So thanks brown extension cord, you helped me get to where I needed to be.

Later that day almost the same thing happened with different objects. What I was first looking for led me to what I really needed. It was so strange that I thought God are you trying to tell me something? The more I thought about it the more I realized we can all be brown cords. Maybe God has placed us somewhere to lead others to him? Take your current job or where your locker is at school, what if God wants to use you to show love to someone close by you? Just like the brown cord led me to what I needed, you can led people to what they need, Jesus.

No comments: