Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sunday Night

As many of you may or may not know I'm now the youth pastor at Pickens View in the town of Pickens. I've been here for just over a month and Sunday afternoon I decided to see what I could do with my youth building. They have some pretty outdated Sunday School posters on the walls. Ya know the ones with like the names of the apostles and the picture of some guy in the armor of God. We have to many of these posters up so I took half of them down. I wasn't sure what would happen, would anyone notice, would they say that that picture had real meaning or would they even notice. Here's what they noticed, the "kicking" music wasn't playing! No one noticed that the goofy posters where down! (I've been playing music as they come in) It was the music that they wanted. I'm really big on trying to create environments that allow people to feel comfortable and welcome. I think the simple thing of playing music is creating that environment. We'll see but I was pretty stoked about it.

No comments: