Wednesday, July 23, 2008

David Chang

Charlie Rose has been one of my favorite shows for a long time now and last night's episode reminded me why. He was interviewing a chef named David Chang. Chef Chang has created restaurants that people want to go to. I believe he has 3 different one in New York City. One sounds like a fast food noodle bar. I love noodle places so I'm going to make it a goal to go there. As Charlie Rose always asks great questions and one in-particular stuck with me from last night's interview. He asked the chef what was the best meal he had ever had. The chef thought and answered the question and they talked about the meal and the setting. I sat there thinking that is a pretty big question and asked my self the same. What was the best meal I have ever had? A few memories went through my mind; the first time I had Skirt Steak and then the second time I had it at Eddie George's Grill. The first time I had Jeni's Ice cream ( Not a meal but amazing none the less). And Tommy's Pizza.

These meals were all amazing but the one that stood out the most was dish my late cousin Steve made. We were on vacation in Holden Beach, NC and there were a ton of us. Steve had worked in the restaurant industry so he knew what he was doing. It was a Filet Mignon wrapped with bacon and a large shrimp on top with an amazing shrimp cream sauce and grilled to perfection. I can still remember thinking this is the most amazing thing that I've ever put in my mouth. I was a bit younger then but to still be able to remember that feeling, that is what makes it the best meal I've ever had.

So like Charlie Rose I ask you the same question. What is the best meal you've ever had?

No comments: