Monday, July 04, 2005

Show Review: PilotDrift, Lovedrug, Eisley

Looy and I made it to the show Friday night. The doors opened at 9:00 and we got there at like ten till but of course the show didn't start until after 10:00. The curtain was finaly pulled away and the stage was a mess, consisting of 3 different keyboards and a synthesizer, one guy even had one of those keyboards that you hold like a guitar (I forget what those are called). The drums we hard to see through the crowd of people. Two of the members took their places by their keyboards and the guitarist picked up his ax. A swell of unfamiliar yet magnificently refreshing sound poured forth from the speakers. They had a "Mates of State" feel but more straight forward. Looy and I just stood their taking it all in. After a few songs the leader of this new sound anounced that they had a limited number of CDs. I asked Looy if she wanted to get one now or wait. She responded with a puzled look because we were standing right by the booth, we would get the first one when it was over. She was right, she always is.

Lovedrug was next. They did well except for playing one song in the wrong key. What I love about these guys is that they get the best sounds out of their gear. They make guitars sound like they should. Eisley came on next and the clock kept ticking. Unfortunately, their sound is very mellow and around 12:45 we left. We hadn't eaten and we had to head back to Macon. What we heard and saw was very good though.

We stopped at BP for a late dinner at approximately 2:00 A.M. The night was great, the drive was good and the company was amazing!

pilotdrift.com

1 comment:

This Girl said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time.

Unrelated to this topic, could you take off my identity and where I work in the link you have for me? This Girl would be fine, but I don't want it to be *that* easy for just anyone to find me. I don't mind the link though, I just would like to not be easily recognized. Thanks.